COMMERCIAL BUSINESS UNIT - MAILS
1. POST OFFICE BOX - This service is available on application to the Postmaster in-charge of any Post Office. It is particularly suitable for customers who receive large quantity of mail (daily) and are prepared to accept delivery/collection usually at least once daily.
2. PRIVATE MAIL BAG - Private Mail Bags (P.M.B.) are available instantly for Corporate Bodies such as Federal and State Ministries, Educational Institutions. Banks. etc at Post Offices nationwide. The application form is free and it is obtainable online.
- It is useful for organizations with large volume of mail
- Only authorized person has access to the Mail Bag during working days of the week
- Guarantee security of mail -It is exclusive to the organization
- Now it can be obtained instantly with ease
- Obtain and complete application form from nearest Post Office
3. POSTCODE DIRECTORY - It is a system in which a group of numbers or letters and numbers are used to facilitate processing and delivery of mail. Nigerian Postcode system uses numbers only. Postal establishments, administrative areas, towns and rural areas are coded to aid faster processing and delivery of mail. Customers are advice to familiarize themselves with the Postcodes of their areas and prospective addressees.
4. BULK POST/HYBRID MAIL - This has to do with business of large volume of mail items. Most Post Offices accept en-bloc prepayment of postage rate on such items for posting. Minimum quantity is usually 1,000 (One thousand) letters. This service offers very attractive discount rates that are based on pre-sorting and volume. These mails can be classified into priority and non-priority mail. For more information contact the nearest Post Office.
5. INCOMING INTERNATIONAL MAIL/OUTGOING INTERNATIONAL MAIL
6. DIRECT MAIL/ADVERTISING MAIL
7. ESTABLISHMENT OF CHANGE OF ADDRESS SYSTEM
8. DELIVERY POINT DATA BASE
9. ADDRESS VERIFICATION/AUTHENTICATION
10. PICK UP SERVICES - The Pick-up service is one that allows a customer to call either by phone or any other means at any designated post office to have his/her mail collected and delivered to a required address within two hours in the same city. The service is available from Monday to Saturday. The service has the advantage of speed and reliability, while maintaining hand-to-hand check.
11. SPECIAL DELIVERY/SMALL PACKAGES - This is a service introduced for corporate organizations or businesses that have PMB and large volume of mail. On agreed frequency NIPOST collect clients’ mail bag/small package and deliver to their offices for a settled fee.
- The service has the advantage of prompt mail delivery on agreed frequency
- Saves clients time, money and infrastructure for mail collection
- The service is quite affordable.
12. INTERNATIONAL REPLY COUPON (IRC)- Under this service, a person who wishes to obtain a reply from a client without putting him/her to the expense of paying postage, may enclose in his/her communication an unstamped postcard, envelope, folder or gummed label bearing the designed. He/she may also incorporate in his/her advertisement in newspapers and other publications a special design to be used as an address label or as a folder. The client can post the card etc. in the ordinary way without a stamp, and the addressee will pay the charges on the replies he/she receives. Delivery will normally be effected once daily. The international reply coupon service is specially designed to meet the need of business firms and advertisers’